What is a Digital Asset?
A digital asset can be a wide variety of electronic records and files that may be stored online, on mobile devices, or on personal computers.
- Social media accounts—Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
- Email or other online communication—Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.
- Photos or videos—iCloud, Flickr, etc
- Airline loyalty points—AA, Southwest, etc.
- Digital music or artwork
May not include:
- Underlying financial assets. For example, electronic bank account statements may be a Digital Asset, but the funds held in the bank account are not considered a Digital Asset.
- Ownership of Cryptocurrency. The account access (i.e. Coinbase) may be considered a Digital Asset, but the asset itself (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc) most likely will be considered part of the estate.
Start your Will right now and finish in 15 minutes.