An Executor's responsibilities generally include managing and administering the Testator's estate after they pass.
The responsibilities of an Executor might vary by state and by the details of the Estate Plan, but here are some examples:
- Gather assets of the estate
- Coordinate the payment of taxes and debts of the estate
- Coordinate distributions to heirs and Beneficiaries
- Make filings with the probate court, or another court that handles probate proceedings
- Work with accountants and attorneys to handle some of the tasks required in probate, if the circumstances allow